I have decided to start sharing progress photos of all the rooms in my house. It has been a full year that we’ve been in our humble abode and by golly we have accomplished a lot! I guess I was always waiting for things to be completed before sharing, but heck nothing is ever complete. The first room to reveal? The kitchen.
Here is an action shot of ripping up the flooring. Hooray!
And here is what our kitchen looks like today. We decided to vary the height and depth of the cabinets for a more custom look. It also makes the space look bigger as opposed to making them go all the way to the ceiling (that would have made them 5 ft cabinets). Plus I would never use the space up there. To be honest I don’t even have enough stuff to fill all my current cabinet space! Hence the pitchers and fake plants in there. I am still searching for the perfect items to take their place.
And a reminder of the before and after:
So there you have it! A whole lot of progress on our kitchen. We couldn’t be happier with the result.
Oh and in case you’re wondering:
- Granite color is Kashmir White
- Cabinets: We kept the lower cabinets(replaced doors and drawers), and had a cabinet guy my hubby used to work for build the upper cabinets. He was originally going to paint them himself, but with flooring and other projects going on he opted to have them professionally painted too.
- Appliances are all LG and have held up amazingly
- Faucet is from home depot you can find out more about it here
- Cabinet hardware is from Lowe’s
- Lighting is from Lamps Plus
And I think that about covers it! If you’d like to know where I got anything else, just ask.