So this recipe is one of my all time favorites that has been passed down from generation to generation. I remember begging my mom to make these for dinner all the time! Mmm.
So here are the ingredients… well most of them. I totally forgot to add the egg and minute rice to the picture. Oops.
Here is what you’ll need:
- 4 Green Peppers
- 1 lb. Ground Turkey
- 1 Medium Onion
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- Light Sour Cream
- 1 large can of tomato sauce ( I forgot how many oz.)
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups minute brown rice
1.The first thing you will need to do is cook the minute rice for about half the time it recommends (it will finish cooking in the pepper). Set this aside in a large mixing bowl.
2. Next dice your onion and garlic and add to bowl with rice.
3. Grab your meat and place in bowl with the above ingredients.
4. Crack the egg over it all and mix with hands until contents in the bowl look like this: (This is also a good time to add salt, pepper, and any other seasonings you like)
5. Next get cut the tops out of the green peppers so they look like this:
6. Now it’s time to stuff the peppers! I like to stuff ’em and place them in the pot as I go. They should look like this when your done:
7. Next put them on the stove and pour the tomato juice over the peppers. Let them cook COVERED for 45 minutes on medium to high heat.
8. Once they are done cooking, separate the peppers from the tomato sauce:
9. Add 1/2 cup of sour cream to the sauce and mix thoroughly.
10. Finally top the stuffed pepper with tomato-sour cream sauce and viola! Delish.
Oh and this pic totally terrible, but I was so ready to eat that I didn’t even care! 😉