Don’t laugh at my title, some people don’t know these things… including myself. But I figured it out and transformed a bathroom mirror. Here are the few easy steps. (Disclaimer: I don’t know if this is the norm way to do it, but it totally worked for me!)
1. Cut out a rectangle of painters plastic and place over the mirror. The static should make this pretty easy.
2. Carefully line up painters tape so that it is right on the edge of the mirror. I even tried to push it under the frame of the mirror to avoid having to scrape off any remainder paint with a razor blade at the end. I folded the plastic so it fit under the tape just right. Here’s what it looked like when I finished:
3. Now it’s time to whip out your spray paint! I put some plastic down in our backyard and held it down with tile scraps. This is important because a gust of wind could easily blow the plastic edges onto your fresh paint (yes, I speak from experience). Also, as I was finishing handy hubby told me I should have spray painted with the item standing up, but my frame came out close to perfect so I’m going to share anyway!
4. Shake your spray paint can for about 1 minute or 2 and spary back and forth a few times in long strides (basically go from one corner to the other). Then move to the next side and repeat. I did a few rotations until it looked like the mirror was pretty covered.
5. I let it dry throughly and went back to give a few more coats, just to brighten it up and viola! A black mirror turns crisp and white. Don’t mind my dirty floors, we were in the process of grouting!